"Insurgent & Resurgent Media: Alanis Obomsawin & Jarrett Martineau" - Beaverbrook Annual Lecture - McGill University | Montreal | 2018
Renowned Indigenous documentary filmmaker Alanis Obomsawin and media producer Jarrett Martineau participate in an intergenerational dialogue on Indigenous media and cultural production for the 2018 Beaverbrook Annual Lecture, presented by Media @ McGill.
"Creating Community: Jesse Wente in Conversation with Jarrett Martineau" - OMDC Digital Dialogue Conference - Toronto | 2017
Jesse Wente, Broadcaster and Curator in conversation with Jarrett Martineau, Creative Producer, Revolutions Per Minute (RPM) discuss Indigenous music and media, creative community, and the future of Indigenous storytelling.
"Politics of Frequency: Art, Sound, Spectacle and Standing Rock" - #NODAPL: A Teach-In for Standing Rock - The New School | New York, NY | 2016
Part of a teach-in in support of the Oceti Sakowin Oyate’s (The Great Sioux Nation) resistance to the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL).
"Indigenous Media, Remix, and Revolution" - Indigenous New Media Symposium | The New School | New York, NY | 2014
The Indigenous New Media Symposium brings together Native American and First Nations media makers and creative activists to discuss how new media platforms are being used in the Indigenous community to educate, organize, entertain, and advocate.
- "Canadian First Nations activist Jarrett Martineau is disrupting the way we think about Native music" - i-D
- "Interview with RPM Records founder Jarrett Martineau" | Q on CBC Radio
- "Why Gord Downie's 'beautiful' work can't stand alone" | Q on CBC Radio
- "Jarrett Martineau wants to highlight Indigenous musicians with a new record label" | The Candy Palmater Show on CBC Radio
- "Raising new voices: Young artists move Indigenous conversations forward" | Megaphone Magazine
- "Indigenous Struggles, Representation and Decolonization" | Free City Radio
- "Decolonizing Cooperative Economics" | Interview with Stefan Christoff | Canadian Dimension | Audio Version: here
- On Indigenous Nationhood - with Leanne Betasamosake Simpson | The Vibe Collective
TV & RADIO HOSTING
- Reclaimed - CBC Radio 1, CBC Music, and Sirius XM
- ZeD Real - CBC Television
- Brave New Waves - CBC Radio 2
SELECTED CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
2016. "Imagining an Indigenous Future". Indigenous Education Week, University of Toronto. February 2016.
2015. “Encoded Flows: Indigenous Hip-Hop, Cypher Theory and Anticolonial Resistance”. Critical Ethnic Studies Association Conference, Toronto, May 2015.
2015. “Life/Blood: Toward the Present Future” with Luam Kidane. Critical Ethnic Studies Association Conference, Toronto, May 2015.
2014. "Bass, Beats, and The Breaks of Dawn: Building Revolutionary Indigenous Movements for Decolonization through Music, Art and Digital Media." Left Forum,
New York City, May 2014.
2014. “The Masked Dance of Empire: Revisioning Decolonization, Indigenous Subjectivity, and Resistance”. International Studies Association Conference, Toronto,
2014. “Indigenous Arts and Remix”. Unsettlement and Decolonization: New Directions Conference. Columbia University, New York City, February 2014.
2013. “Idle No More and Decolonizing Knowledges”. International Symposium on Knowledge Democracy, University of Victoria, March 2013.
2013. “#IdleNoMore: Mobilizing Decolonial Consciousness and Indigenous Resurgence”. Research Symposium, Linnaeus University Centre: Concurrences in
Colonial and Postcolonial Studies, Sweden. March 2013.